Custom Probiotics manufactures a large range of
high potency probiotic supplements.
Products are available mainly in powder form and are generally suitable for both children and adults. An infant strain of probiotics is also included in the product range. The company also produces a small range of freeze-dried yogurt starter powders. Have a look at our
page to learn all about these products.
Custom Probiotics range consists of:
- Single strain powders containing one strain of
- Multi-strain formulations, which include a mix of different species and strains of probiotic bacteria. These are available mainly in powder form though a capsule form of the popular probiotic blend, Adult Formula CP1, is included in the range.
Additionally, Custom Probiotics also offers a “custom” service, whereby you can request a tailor-made probiotic powder made from any blend of probiotic strains on their list of available bacteria.
All of the probiotic supplements supplied by this company, whether in powder or capsule form, are free from:
- Artificial colors
The range is also totally free from
supplied by this company, whether in powder or capsule form, are free from:
- Artificial colors
The range is also totally free from
It is also dairy-free so suitable for those with dairy allergy or
Additionally, and with the exception of Adult Formula CP1 capsules, which contains microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and silica, all supplements are free from fillers, binders and anti-caking agents.
Single Strain Probiotic Supplements
The following probiotic bacteria are available as single strain supplements from Custom Probiotics:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus
- Lactobacillus casei
- Streptococcus thermophilus
Multi-Strain Probiotic Supplements
Multi-strain probiotic supplements are also manufactured by Custom Probiotics. With the exception of Adult Formula CP1, all these products are powders. Have a look at our table below to learn about these products:
|Product Name||Number of Probiotic Genera||Number of Probiotic Strains and Species||Specific Bacterial Blend||Buy Now|
|CP1||2||5|| L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus,|
L. plantarum, B. lactis, B. bifidum
|Eleven Strain Powder||2||11||L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus,|
L. salivarius, L. plantarum, L. casei, L. lactis, B. breve,
B. infantis, B. longum, B. bifidum, B. lactis
|Four Strain Bifidobacteria||1||4||B.lactis, B.longum, B.bifidum, B. infantis||Buy now|
|Four Strain Lactobacilli||1||4||L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus,|
L. salivarius,L. plantarum
|Six Strain Powder||2||6||L.acidophilus, L.salivarius,plantarum|
L.plantarum, L. rhamnosus,B.lactis, B.bifidum
As well as the standard range of products described above, Custom Probotics also produces a high potency probiotic powder specifically for infants (Infant Probiotic Formulation).
Additionally, the company manufacturers a product which is designed particularly for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. This product is free from D-lactate producing probiotic bacteria. D-lactate is a by-product of probiotic fermentation, which many believe causes neurological problems in autistic children.
Advantages of Custom Probiotic Supplements
We think Custom Probiotics produces high quality supplements. We believe the supplements offer the following advantages:
- All products in the range are of high potency, making them suitable for therapeutic use to help with existing illness and disease. The average number of viable bacteria per serving of these probiotics is approximately 200 billion colony-forming units (CFUs). This high bacterial count in all Custom Probiotics products is verified by independent laboratory analysis and the company is happy to send copies of its most recent test results for its products on demand.
- The products do not contain any fillers or binders, artificial additives, colors, flavors or prebiotics such as
or fructooligosaccharides (FOS). This makes them suitable for even the most sensitive of patients including those suffering from
food intolerance symptoms.
- The products offer excellent value for money. If you compare the cost of ten billion CFUs of any Custom Probiotic formulation with most other brands of probiotics, you will find that Custom Probiotic products are by far the best value for money. Have a look at our
cost comparison page
for guidance in comparing the prices of probiotic supplements.
- The majority of the products are in powder form, which is ideal when you begin probiotics. This allows you to start with tiny doses and ramp up slowly. Custom Probiotics also supplies two handy scoops (one large and one small) with each pot of powder to help you measure out your dosage. You will also find it very easy to administer probiotics in powder form to both children and babies. It can be added to cold food or cold beverages.
- The Custom Probiotics range contains multi-strain products. Taking products that contain a mix of bacteria improves the chance of at least one of the strains being effective for you.
- If for any reason you do not wish to take a pre-mixed blend of probiotics, the availability of such a wide range of single strain products means that you can select only those strains of probiotic bacteria that you wish to take, creating your own blend of bacteria. Indeed Custom Probiotics offers tailor made probiotic powders.
- Single strain powders also allow you to add in specific strains to your probiotic regime, if for example they are not currently included in your current supplementation program, or perhaps because you would like to take higher quantities of certain probiotic bacteria.
- Custom Probiotics are suitable to take with you on vacation and trips away as they can be stored without refrigeration for between two and three weeks with only very slight loss of potency. Remember though to return your probiotics to the refrigerator once you return home in order to maintain their potency.
Disadvantages of Custom Probiotics
The key and only disadvantage we can find in Custom Probiotics supplements is the high initial outlay for the products. At between $90USD and $220USD for a 100g pot of probiotic powder and $42 USD for 90 Adult Formula CP1, capsules, you may think Custom Probiotics are costly or just too expensive. However, whilst the cost is a lot to pay upfront, in the long run Custom Probiotics supplements give you more for your money than many other probiotic supplements.
In fact, when you consider the cost per ten billion units of bacteria, Custom Probiotics actually work out CHEAPER than many other probiotics. Have a look at our
page for advice on how to compare accurately the cost of different probiotics. Use our easy-to-use cost comparison formula to see for yourself how different brands of probiotic supplements compare.
We really like Custom Probiotics products. They are of verified high potency, suitable for even the most sensitive of customers and most come in versatile powder form. The range is wide, giving you an excellent choice of different probiotic bacteria. In our experience these probiotics are very effective. What’s more they offer excellent value for money.
Return from Custom Probiotics to Probiotic Supplements